Vinyl Rhino Drawing




Here are my original sketches - I did import them into rhino using PictureFrame so I could have it as a handy reference image while I was creating the curves drawing of my eye!






















Time to draw it out!



I definitely had to keep scale in mind as I was sizing the image because it's gonna be so big. I bought 20 ft of my own vinyl so my project had to fit within that size. I'm gonna have to use the registration process of tiling multiple strips of the vinyl's design on top of each other seamlessly so everything has to be exact! As you can see in the photos down below, on top of making the hatched and curved versions, I had to section them off into strips. Originally I used 7 strips, but when I calculated the amount of vinyl I needed, I would have had to use more than I had which wasn't going to happen because all I can afford is 20 ft. So I had to make some adjustments with the scale and now it'll only take me 20 feet!





So then I had to section each rectangle off and then make sure everything fits!

And here is my rhino drawing all ready to get exported as an .ai file!


I also crunched everything together so that I had extra space on the vinyl plotter and that I can just do the work in two long strips rather than a bunch of little ones that might make more waste.


Comments

  1. Wow, great job with the drawing, and with nesting the designs for the plotter. really excited to see this thing made!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Castle of King Wormy