Vinyl Tattoos! Ideation Sketches


Along with each concept, describe the inspiration and how it serves as an "autobiographical" design.

1) This sketch is pretty simple, I wanted to try doing my initials but in a kind of a fancy way. I felt like I could've done something a little more complicated, both visually and conceptually as it is pretty straight forward. But I let it be how it was and see how I could push this further.

2) The second is just a little sketch of mountains with a castle as the reflection. When I was little I saw the mountains a fortress, something both foreboding and comforting. I felt like I could've pushed this idea further as well.

3) This schmancy design is a more calligraphic, updated design from the first one. Again, I wanted to try out representing my initials in a funkier way.

4) This one is lettuce and the word "WEY" written right underneath it. It's a representation of my family's name, aka one of my family's inside jokes and no one really remembers where it came from. Seeing this reminds me of my family and it's very comforting :) 

5) This sketch is an advanced sketch #2. Except we see silhouettes of people's faces at the base of the mountain - which relates back to a very important drawing I made in 2nd year of one of my fears - exclusion.

6) This one was just a lot of fun to draw haha it reflects my more spunkier side and looks a little freaky. Which is great haha. Inspiration was from a drawing I also made in 2nd year as well.





7) My spirit animal is an otter so I wanted to make a sketch of one being really cute holding its favourite rock. Otters are curious, small and very playful - qualities that I embody as well. Inspiration comes from a documentary I saw about otters because yes that is what I do in my free time. I watch otter documentaries haha.

8) This sketch is a just another take on how I see otters. They create deep bonds with others :) Same inspiration as Sketch #7

9) This sketch is a simplified section of a painting I created a while back. It just sorta came out without me really thinking and I really like how it turned out. I think eyes hold a lot of emotion and stories and you can tell a lot about a person through their eyes. 

10) This is just a simple mountainscape :) it reminds my of home and I think maybe going a little simpler might be a good idea.


I don't know which one I'm gonna pick however I really like 6, 7 & 9 because of the styles and they reflect who I am :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castle of King Wormy