Preposterous 3D Eraser project that I somehow managed to do without asking for an extension.

This was a great learning experience but I have never so badly wanted to smash my laptop before.







 These are my renders! Pretty exciting to see how it all came together! The minute details were really worth it, in the end :) tbh i'm proud of how well each piece came together.

I primarily solved all my problems with planarsrf, explode, group, and - a huge shout out to - the split tool! For without that I don't even know how I could make some of the shapes as accurate as I did haha.

The most tedious/frustrating part was getting each individual hole (which there are 41! It took me 3 times to count btw) in the main chamber and then splitting the negative shapes so that i could join all the surfaces that needed to be there. And after about 30 minutes of doing that I finally finished only to realize that I could've made only one and then copied it to all the others and that would've probably taken 10 minutes MAX. It was at the point when I took a break and bought myself a drink to make myself feel not as empty inside.

Here are screenshot-close-ups of all the different components as well :)








Comments

  1. Good work on this! The renders look great. I look forward to seeing you flex your developing modelling skills!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Castle of King Wormy