Unconventional Disco Environment Prototype

Here is my prototype!! looks quite inconspicuous on the outside right....? Well...

BAM!


It turns into a wild disco for two on the inside!

Complete with a disco dance floor, a *spinning* disco ball, mirrored walls, and an environment for some serious eye contact all the while September by Earth Wind and Fire is playing in the background, this unconventional eye wear piece makes one hell of a party!

 It was kinda complicated to start because I didn't really know how to begin this prototype so I pulled dimensions from my friends faces and you really get to know someone when you spend some time measuring their noses and other facial features!

On top of the prototype there is a little turner nub so you can spin the tiny disco ball on the inside! Also, on the bottom it has a little pouch so you can put your phone in it to play some intense disco funk!





After creating this I had some really good conversations with my peers about how to solve the problem of lighting and we came up with a better solution! I'd basically alter the structure and use the phone as a disco floor and a speaker all in one. So I will definitely take their recommendations into account when I'm designing the actual model. Making this prototype has given me more confidence and a better idea of the physical dimensions I need to consider to make a successful eye wear project!!


This is what it would look like if you were to wear it properly haha I am so excited to do this





Comments