DISCO TIME





And voila! Here is the set of renders for the Eyewear project!! 

Honestly I really really really want to see this project come to fruition because I think this is great. Soooo I actually am already in the process of fabricating it haha. I have a couple of different suplies already so heres my plan:

Things I already own/have made in the past:
  • tiny disco ball - Got from dollar store
  • ball bearing mechanism (to enable the disco ball to spin) - Got from Princess Auto
  • stem - Got from a plastic stick and cut it down
  • phone (which has a prerecording of the Commodores and EW&F on repeat, and also acts as the dance floor because I downloaded a FREE strobe app on it that flashes colours to the beat of the music)
  • mirrors on the sides to acts as disco walls - Got from work (I work in a frame shop and LEGALLY took scrap mirror pieces) 


Things I need to 3D print!
  • I would be uploading the model up to the Shapeways website and probably getting someone else to do it just because of its size. 
So I did some researching and I would choose to do it in black HP Nylon plastic and it would take approximately 12 days to ship to me, if not sooner. 


Other things I need to buy:


  • Nada!

Once I would have all the materials it would be super easy to put it all together. The bottom of the disco box has a indentation for my phone to fit in nicely, face up, so that I could just turn on the app and play my music. I would just have to glue in my mirrors with any type of strong glue. I would then have to attach my disco ball to the stem, stick it through the hole at the top, and attach the ball bearing in a way so that it would spin with very little friction. 

AND THEN I WOULD HAVE IT IN REAL LIFE. THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castle of King Wormy